2017-18 Memberships Are On Sale!
Parents & guardians of FLHS:
Click HERE to buy your PTA membership for the 2017-18 school year. Or click on “Store” above. Or on “Login to MSA” above. Or on the red buttons…
Thank you for supporting our PTA. 🙂
Is Paper the Only “Route” for You?
Rock, we got you “covered” (get it?…*sigh*). Click below for “paper” solutions to your most pressing needs.
Do Our PTA 2017-18 Survey
MPA Annual Used Instrument Sale 2017
Buy or Sell musical instruments!
Consign: Friday, Sept 15, 2017 (4:00 -7:00 p.m.)
Buy: Saturday, Sept 16, 2017 (8:30 – 11:00 a.m.)
Location: Fairfield Warde High School
The Fairfield Music Parents Association (MPA) will conduct its annual Used Musical Instrument Sale on Saturday, September 16, 8:30 –11:00 a.m.
Bring in your musical instruments to sell and set your price on Friday, September 15, 4:00 –7:00 a.m. Consignee receives 70% of the sale price; the remaining proceeds will benefit the Fairfield Public Schools music programs.
This event takes place at Fairfield Warde High School on Melville Avenue at Knapps Highway in the small gym. Consignee need not be present at the sale; MPA handles transactions.
Orchestra and Band instructors will be on hand at the sale to help buyers make appropriate selections. Upgrade or find a first-time instrument. Cash and checks accepted. Instrument donations are welcome, too.
The Music Parents Association is a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit organization that fosters the love of music in the Fairfield schools and community.
For further info, please contact:
Kerry Aston firstname.lastname@example.org
Eileen Brown email@example.com
Think about volunteering for one of our open Positions! It will be one of the
best things you do to help your child succeed in high school —
Executive Board 2017-18
Oversees efforts to raise money throughout the year
Hosts authors, speakers, family communications workshops, etc.
all aimed at helping highschoolers & their parents
Contact our wonderful 2017-18 VPs of Volunteers with your questions.
Come to our meetings! Our PTA meets Thursday (and a couple of Wednesday*) evenings in the
FLHS Library Lecture Hall, rm 277. Meeting dates for this year:
9/7/17, 10/12/17, 11/9/17, 12/6/17*,
1/11/18, 2/8/18, 3/7/18*, 4/5/18, 5/10/18, 6/7/18
On your smartphone, text the message @flhspta to the number 81010
You’ll get meeting reminders on your phone.
CLICK HERE TO LINK TO AMAZON to HELP FLHS PTA…
… a very small portion of anything you spend goes right to our PTA. Doesn’t sound like much but if we all use it, we can raise 1000’s of dollars a year — just by shopping! So go shop now, and bookmark it. Happy Shopping
Thank you 9th Gr. Parents…
…for attending last year’s FRESHMAN FORUM ON UNDERAGE DRINKING AND OTHER RISKY BEHAVIORS.
We hope that you took away some new insights that are helpful to you and your family. Thank you also for completing the exit surveys and taking the time to add your comments and suggestions. Your feedback is very appreciated.
Click on the topics below to find more valuable information:
1. Homework for Parents
2. Fairfield Ludlowe High School Resources
3. Power of Parents – Alcohol
4. Power of Parents – Marijuana
5. Marijuana Facts for Teens
7. Parents’ Legal Liability for Illegal Serving & Party Hosting
8. CARES Group Info for Those Struggling
The Freshmen Forum was made possible in part through the funding and efforts of the Fairfield Ludlowe PTA and our 8-person committee of parent/guardian volunteers.
How Do I Add the FLHS PTA Web Site
to My Phone’s Home Screen?
1. Go to your smart phone and type flhs pta (or flhspta, or Fairfield Ludlowe PTA, etc.) into your web browser window (Safari on an iPhone)
2. It should land you on a results page like this, click the result on top (that’s us!)
3. Now you’re looking at the mobile version of our FLHS PTA site — flhspta.org. Click that little box with an arrow shooting out of it (keep looking, it’s there)…
4. …and you’ll see some options pop up. Click to Add to Home Screen
5. Then click the word in blue, Add, below
6. Congrats. That blue tile below is the FLHS PTA site and you just added it to your phone (you’re really good at this).
Hope you find this helpful and save yourself both time and paper. If you have questions, do not hesitate to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
need your help with this year. Or just click here.
OLD 2016-17 school year news — disregard if you’re looking for 2017-18 news
Fairfield Board of Ed. Hosts Town Hall-type Meeting, Oct. 24, 2016
The Board of Education is organizing another town hall meeting to take place at 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 24 in the lecture hall at Fairfield Warde High School. At the meeting, the public will be able to raise issues to the board. The town hall format aims to offer more back-and-forth than the 3-minute public comment section allows for at the BoE’s regular meetings.
The board hosted its first town hall-style forum in February 2015. Two more town halls last year addressed specific topics — the District Improvement Plan and the Redistricting Committee Report. During those town halls, board members responded directly to community members’ direct questions and concerns for several hours.
This month’s meeting will mark the first town hall in 2016.
FLHS PTA’s First 2016 Parent Program of the Year —
S4: Work Smarter, Not Harder with Evidence-Based Study Skills
Help your teen start the new school year right straight out of the gate with the tools to becoming a smart learner. The PTAs of Fairfield Ludlowe High School & Fairfield Warde High School jointly invite you to a free Phttp://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0444aaaf2da7f94-openarent Workshop presented by Michelle Sagalyn, founder and president of Successful Study Skills 4 Students,
Where: Fairfield Ludlowe High School, in the Lecture Hall at the back of the FLHS Library
When: Thursday, September 22nd at 7 pm
Find out how you can effectively support your child’s educational experience. You will leave this 90-minute interactive and informative presentation with specific ways students can organize their calendars, projects, tests and daily study habits. Discover why more than 3,000 students have participated in S4’s evidence-based workshops in Connecticut and New York. Check out S4’s website at http://www.successfulstudyskills4students.com/
2016-17 school year
THANK YOU, 2016 PTA VOLUNTEERS
Many thanks to our PTA volunteers who helped prepare the
2016 Summer Mailing & Freshmen Preview folders on Aug. 16th & 17th.
For the summer mailing that arrives to 10th, 11th & 12th grade homes next week,
our volunteers collated roughly 12,000 flyers & forms,
and stuffed & sealed them into 1,200 envelopes
(that’s 10 pieces per mailer).
For Freshmen/New student Preview Day on Aug. 24th, PTA volunteers collated
roughly 7,220 pieces and put them into 380 folders
(that’s 18 pieces per folder).
It was really amazing and we owe a lot of thanks to the parents who made it happen.
Monday, August 22nd at 6:00 PM in the FLHS cafeteria.
Please contact the Athletic Director’s office if you have questions.
- Friday, Aug. 19 – 5:00 to 8:00 Taft Field; Saturday, Aug. 20 – 8:00 to 11:00 Taft Field; Monday, Aug. 22 – Wednesday, Aug 24 – 5:00 to 8:00 Taft Field; Thursday, Aug 25 – Full Pads with schedule to be sent by Coach Camera
- Thursday, Aug 25 – 9:00 to 11:00 meet at Taft Field in bleachers; Thursday, Aug 25 – 3:00 to 5:00 Sturges Park; Friday, Aug 26 – 11:00 to 2:00 Taft Field; Saturday, Aug 27 – 9:00 to 12:00 Sturges Park
- Thursday, Aug 25 – 9:00 to 11:00 at RLMS field and 4:00 to 6:30 at Taft Field; Friday, Aug 26 – 8:00 to 11:00 at RLMS; Saturday, Aug 27 – (11th & 12th grades) – 10:00 to 12:30 RLMS ; (9th & 10th grades) – 12:30 to 3:00 RLMS
- Thursday, Aug 25 – 7:45 to 10:30 at Taft Field and 2:00 to 4:00 at Taft Field; Friday, Aug 26 – 7:45 to 10:30 at Taft Field and 2:00 to 4:00 at Taft Field;Saturday, Aug 27 – 9:00 to 12:00 Taft Field and 4:00 to 5:30 Taft Field
- Thursday, Aug 25 – 3:30 to 5:30 and 7:00 to 8:30 Main Gym; Friday, Aug 26 – 3:30 to 6:30 Main Gym; Saturday, Aug 27 – 9:00 to 11:30 and 12:30 to 2:30 Main Gym
- Thursday, Aug 25 – 2:30 to 4:30 on Stadium Track; Friday, Aug 26 – 2:30 to 4:30 on Stadium Track; Saturday, Aug 27 – OFF
- Monday, Aug 29 – 3:00 to 5:15 at Westport YMCA*; Tuesday, Aug. 30 – 3:00 to 5:15 at Westport YMCA*; Wednesday, Aug 31 – 3:00 to 5:15 at Westport YMCA*
2016-17 school year
Fairfield Warde & Ludlowe High School PTA Parent Book Group Discussion RsvP here
No More Pencils, No More Books…well, maybe just one book
(and you thought Summer Reading was only for the kids).
Take some time out this summer to read “The Gift of Failure” by Jessica Lahey who is an educator, writer, and speaker. She writes the bi-weekly New York Times column, “The Parent-Teacher Conference,” is a correspondent at the Atlantic, and a regular commentator on Vermont Public Radio. She and has appeared as a parenting and education expert on The Today Show, Fox and Friends, MSNBC, the BBC, NPR, and many others.
SAVE THE DATE 2016-17 school year
Don’t miss these important insights into your child’s year.
Meet FLHS Headmaster Greg Hatzis as he hosts a series of grade-specific talks
on how to meet your child’s needs as they experience their coming year at FLHS.
There will be 4 Coffees. Look for your child’s grade below and Save The Date.
Freshmen, 9th: Thursday, Sept. 29, 9:15 AM, Falcon’s Nest
Junior, 11th: Thursday, Oct. 20, 9:15 AM, Falcon’s Nest
Sophomore, 10th: Thursday, Nov. 17, 9:15 AM, Falcon’s Nest
Senior, 12th: Thursday, Jan. 26, 9:15 AM, Falcon’s Nest
ABOUT THE FLHS PTA
The Fairfield Ludlowe High School PTA is dedicated to enhancing the educational experience of all FLHS students, strengthening the connection between school and home, fostering collaboration with teachers, and advocating on behalf of education, families, and staff. Email us at email@example.com, or regular mail us at:
Fairfield Ludlowe High School
Attn: FLHS PTA
785 Unquowa Road
Fairfield, CT 06824