The Fairfield Ludlowe PTA Membership Drive is On!
Purchase Your 2016-17
Click HERE to subscribe to our PTA weekly email newsletter, the Falcon Flash.
Click Forms/PDFs above to read/download the agenda for the Sept. 8, 2016 PTA meeting. Starts at 7 PM, in the Lecture Hall behind the FLHS Library.
What’s your BIG Idea? Post it now HERE. Postings are anonymous.
What’s YOUR Back to School Ritual? Click here to take our survey now!
Attend FLHS PTA’s First Parent Program of the Year —
S4: Work Smarter, Not Harder with Evidence-Based Study Skills
Help your teen start the new school year right straight out of the gate with the tools to becoming a smart learner. The PTAs of Fairfield Ludlowe High School & Fairfield Warde High School jointly invite you to a free Phttp://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0444aaaf2da7f94-openarent Workshop presented by Michelle Sagalyn, founder and president of Successful Study Skills 4 Students,
Where: Fairfield Ludlowe High School, in the Lecture Hall at the back of the FLHS Library
When: Thursday, September 22nd at 7 pm
Find out how you can effectively support your child’s educational experience. You will leave this 90-minute interactive and informative presentation with specific ways students can organize their calendars, projects, tests and daily study habits. Discover why more than 3,000 students have participated in S4’s evidence-based workshops in Connecticut and New York. Check out S4’s website at http://www.successfulstudyskills4students.com/
THANK YOU, PTA VOLUNTEERS
Many thanks to our PTA volunteers who helped prepare the
2016 Summer Mailing & Freshmen Preview folders on Aug. 16th & 17th.
For the summer mailing that arrives to 10th, 11th & 12th grade homes next week,
our volunteers collated roughly 12,000 flyers & forms,
and stuffed & sealed them into 1,200 envelopes
(that’s 10 pieces per mailer).
For Freshmen/New student Preview Day on Aug. 24th, PTA volunteers collated
roughly 7,220 pieces and put them into 380 folders
(that’s 18 pieces per folder).
It was really amazing and we owe a lot of thanks to the parents who made it happen.
Monday, August 22nd at 6:00 PM in the FLHS cafeteria.
Please contact the Athletic Director’s office if you have questions.
- Friday, Aug. 19 – 5:00 to 8:00 Taft Field; Saturday, Aug. 20 – 8:00 to 11:00 Taft Field; Monday, Aug. 22 – Wednesday, Aug 24 – 5:00 to 8:00 Taft Field; Thursday, Aug 25 – Full Pads with schedule to be sent by Coach Camera
- Thursday, Aug 25 – 9:00 to 11:00 meet at Taft Field in bleachers; Thursday, Aug 25 – 3:00 to 5:00 Sturges Park; Friday, Aug 26 – 11:00 to 2:00 Taft Field; Saturday, Aug 27 – 9:00 to 12:00 Sturges Park
- Thursday, Aug 25 – 9:00 to 11:00 at RLMS field and 4:00 to 6:30 at Taft Field; Friday, Aug 26 – 8:00 to 11:00 at RLMS; Saturday, Aug 27 – (11th & 12th grades) – 10:00 to 12:30 RLMS ; (9th & 10th grades) – 12:30 to 3:00 RLMS
- Thursday, Aug 25 – 7:45 to 10:30 at Taft Field and 2:00 to 4:00 at Taft Field; Friday, Aug 26 – 7:45 to 10:30 at Taft Field and 2:00 to 4:00 at Taft Field;Saturday, Aug 27 – 9:00 to 12:00 Taft Field and 4:00 to 5:30 Taft Field
- Thursday, Aug 25 – 3:30 to 5:30 and 7:00 to 8:30 Main Gym; Friday, Aug 26 – 3:30 to 6:30 Main Gym; Saturday, Aug 27 – 9:00 to 11:30 and 12:30 to 2:30 Main Gym
- Thursday, Aug 25 – 2:30 to 4:30 on Stadium Track; Friday, Aug 26 – 2:30 to 4:30 on Stadium Track; Saturday, Aug 27 – OFF
- Monday, Aug 29 – 3:00 to 5:15 at Westport YMCA*; Tuesday, Aug. 30 – 3:00 to 5:15 at Westport YMCA*; Wednesday, Aug 31 – 3:00 to 5:15 at Westport YMCA*
Fairfield Warde & Ludlowe High School PTA Parent Book Group Discussion RsvP here
No More Pencils, No More Books…well, maybe just one book
(and you thought Summer Reading was only for the kids).
Take some time out this summer to read “The Gift of Failure” by Jessica Lahey who is an educator, writer, and speaker. She writes the bi-weekly New York Times column, “The Parent-Teacher Conference,” is a correspondent at the Atlantic, and a regular commentator on Vermont Public Radio. She and has appeared as a parenting and education expert on The Today Show, Fox and Friends, MSNBC, the BBC, NPR, and many others.
SAVE THE DATE
Don’t miss these important insights into your child’s year.
Meet FLHS Headmaster Greg Hatzis as he hosts a series of grade-specific talks
on how to meet your child’s needs as they experience their coming year at FLHS.
There will be 4 Coffees. Look for your child’s grade below and Save The Date.
Freshmen, 9th: Thursday, Sept. 29, 9:15 AM, Falcon’s Nest
Junior, 11th: Thursday, Oct. 20, 9:15 AM, Falcon’s Nest
Sophomore, 10th: Thursday, Nov. 17, 9:15 AM, Falcon’s Nest
Senior, 12th: Thursday, Jan. 26, 9:15 AM, Falcon’s Nest
Don’t miss another PTA meeting.
On your smartphone go to your message app and
text the message @flhspta to the number 81010
You’ll get meeting reminders on your phone.
Our PTA meets Thursday evenings at 7 PM
in the FLHS Library Lecture Hall.
Meeting dates for 2016-17:
ABOUT THE FLHS PTA
The Fairfield Ludlowe High School PTA is dedicated to enhancing the educational experience of all FLHS students, strengthening the connection between school and home, fostering collaboration with teachers, and advocating on behalf of education, families, and staff. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or regular mail us at:
Fairfield Ludlowe High School
Attn: FLHS PTA
785 Unquowa Road
Fairfield, CT 06824